Group members: Dr. Brian Reid and Luis Uribe.
Within the line of research L1 “Aquatic Systems,” different projects are developed for the study of fresh water systems in the Aysen Region.
- Dissolved silica
- Nutrients: NOx, SRP, TP, DOP, DON, NH4
- Conductance-specific pH
- Suspended sediments, CN
- Periphyton biomass (AFDM), Chla, CHN, identification of Didymosphenia
- geminata – Auto-analyses of particulates and phytoplankton (Flow-Cam)
- Under development: Radon and Thoron in water (RAD 7)
- Residence time of subterranean waters
- Analyses of terrain
- Metabolism in rivers